Darkness in the Delimbiyr
Spells and Powers
- We are using the magic-psionics transparency rule, as outlined here.
- Most magic is considered a tool, or a way to accomplish something and is considered neutral. However, some magic is inherent tainted or invigorated with the powers of evil or good (or law and chaos), and any using/casting/creating any spell with the evil descriptor is considered an evil act.
- Any spell that summons or creates undead or summons evil outsiders is considered an evil act.
- Necromantic spells such as enervation or energy drain that directly harm soul (via negative levels or level loss) are considered evil and have the [evil] descriptor, as both can easily create undead, which is an evil act.
- Necromantic spells like chill touch, vampiric touch, or ray of exhaustion are not evil. Although these spells do effect the body negatively through necromancy, they do so in a non-evil way.
- Any spell or power that does ability damage, such as ray of enfeeblement or touch of idiocy is not evil. However, if the ability damage came from poison, it is an evil act, as using ability-damaging poison is itself an evil act.
Back to Extra Game Rules.